Teaching Professor - Nursing, CNL 998869
Xavier University, a Catholic university in the Jesuit tradition, invites applications for a Teaching Professor position in the College of Nursing beginning in Spring 2020. We offer a full range of degrees including a traditional BSN, Accelerated BSN, MIDAS (pre-licensure MSN, CNL), MSN, and DNP in Population Health Leadership. In addition to a general studies MSN degree, we offer concentration tracks of administration, education, forensics, FNP, healthcare law, informatics. More information can be seen at https://www.xavier.edu/nursing/.
Xavier University has a strong commitment to diversity and, building upon recent success, seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including women and minorities. To be considered for the teaching professor position, candidates will have a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Nursing and four years in the practice of nursing. Currently we are looking for a candidate with teaching and/or leadership and management experience to teach in our MIDAS program. Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) certification and experience is required.
Teaching Professors are individuals who serve the University on a full-time basis and whose primary responsibility is teaching in didactic courses and coordinating clinical courses. Instructors are not evaluated with respect to scholarship, but are expected to engage in on-going professional development appropriate to nursing. Teaching Professors are not eligible for tenure, yet may be promoted to Senior Teaching Professor. Nursing Teaching Professors are responsible for developing course syllabus, teaching and providing guidance for the students in didactic courses, coordinating related clinical experiences, evaluating student performance in the MIDAS program, collaborating with other MIDAS faculty members for ongoing curriculum development, and advocating for students’ concerns.
- Supports and implements the mission of Xavier University and the School of Nursing.
- Collaborates in the revision, development, and evaluation of the nursing program.
- Develops, utilizes, and evaluates techniques of instruction and evaluative tools for students.
- Applies evaluative findings for the improvement of instruction, professional growth, and program development.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to the student as a learner and as an individual.
- Establishes collaborative relationships with professional staff to facilitate student learning and collaborates with the clinical site coordinator.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in assigned content area and supervises teaching assistants.
- Utilizes current and applicable research in teaching.
- Updates skills and knowledge by attending appropriate continuing education related to area of expertise and clinical interest.
- Serves as academic advisor to assigned students in MIDAS.
- Participates in Xavier University and College of Nursing professional activities.
- Contributes to the functioning of committees within Xavier University, the College of Nursing, and the professional community.
- Collaborates in creating and promoting goals of Xavier University and the College of Nursing.
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Nursing and a current, active, unencumbered RN license in the state of Ohio are required.
- RN with a minimum of four years’ experience years in the practice of nursing. CNL certification and experience is required. Leadership/management skills, knowledge of curriculum development, methods of teaching and evaluation processes are preferred.
- Excellent communication, strong organizational and leadership skills preferred.
- Knowledgeable of current research and scholarship, that is supportive to the professional development of nursing.
- Maintains a commitment to community service.
- Familiar with current advances in technology to enhance the educational experience of students.
- Values and supports an inclusive and diverse environment.
REPORTS TO: Interim dean of the College of Nursing
To ensure consideration, interested/qualified candidates must submit a cover letter, CV and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University’s website by March 10, 2020. This position will remain open until it is filled.
XAVIER UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER