Adjunct Faculty Music & Theatre AR9968
The Department of Music and Theatre at Xavier University is currently accepting applications for Adjunct Instructors of Music starting in the fall of 2020 to teach Music in Film, History of Rock, Hip-Hop, or similar 3-credit hour courses for non-majors. Candidates should be able to help support a diverse and inclusive student community.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s degree in Music.
Preferred Qualifications: Doctorate in Music and experience teaching these subjects.
Contracts for adjunct faculty members are issued on a semester basis. Additional courses in the spring semester of 2021 and beyond may be available to the applicant who demonstrates successful teaching in her or his first semester at Xavier.
- Deliver learner-centered instruction by establishing an inclusive classroom environment.
- Effectively plan and prepare classes to support student success.
- Administer appropriate course assessments designed adequately to assess student’s learning in connection with Xavier’s Core Curriculum.
- Use Xavier’s campus-wide LMS (Canvas), to provide course information and maintain an electronic record of student progress.
- Work cooperatively with faculty in the Department of Music and Theatre and within the College of Arts and Sciences.
To ensure consideration for this position, interested/qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website. For additional information, please contact Dr. Morten Kristiansen, Music Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. For course description see catalog.xavier.edu.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer