Adjunct Faculty - ABSN Program, Columbus OH
Adjunct Faculty – ABSN Program, COLUMBUS ,OH
Xavier University School of Nursing is expanding our Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program to include classes in Columbus, OH. Xavier has regular openings for adjunct instructors to teach part-time in clinical, lab, and/or simulation settings for pre-licensure programs; also for online didactic courses at our new Columbus location. Adjuncts’ responsibilities vary by course assignment. The adjunct clinical/ lab instructor is responsible for planning the student’s clinical experience at the direction of the faculty member, support appropriate to the clinical situation, and contribute to the evaluation the student’s performance. Clinical instructors will supervise, teach, and evaluate up to 8 students in the clinical settings as well as guide students through simulation experiences based on course objectives and student learning needs.. Lab instructors will participate in set-up, instruction, and evaluation of students in the lab setting. Didactic instructors are responsible for implementing the course syllabus as developed by the School, facilitates learning opportunities for students, and evaluates the students’ achievement and progress in course objectives or outcomes.
Qualifications for Adjunct Faculty: (According to Ohio Administrative Code 4723-5-10)
- Completed an approved registered nursing education program
- Have at least two years of experience in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse
- A BSN, with a Master’s degree in nursing preferred.
- Current, valid licensure as a registered nurse in Ohio and in state of practicum setting, if applicable.
- XAVIER UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website.