Graphic Designer (Creative Design Team)
As part of SmartBrief’s Creative Design Team, the Graphic Designer is a leader in design and production of fresh, smart creative for SmartBrief and external clients.
The Graphic Designer works within the Marketing Department to communicate the company’s value proposition and services to both our advertising clients and our newsletter subscribers and includes email campaigns, products, presentations, and sales collateral. Additional responsibilities will include Brand Studio work developed for external clients including a broad range of content assets, such as white papers and infographics. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of how design contributes to marketing objectives.
This position reports to the Creative Director.
- Develop, manage and deploy digital communications to position SmartBrief as a leader in digital marketing and communications.
- Design and produce a variety of assets including, but not limited to, HTML email, online graphics, white papers, infographics, web design, advertising, sales collateral, presentations, and event collateral.
- Produce high-end design work that meets the expectations of top-tier external clients. Interact in a professional manner that represents SmartBrief appropriately and puts client needs first.
- Partner with other team members to understand their needs and objectives. Assist with concept development and produce assets to meet objectives with on-brand marketing support materials.
- Serve as an internal resource for digital marketing design best practices and assist in ensuring team compliance.
- Stay current with the latest design and technology trends and recommend how those trends can be applied to design work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field and 5+ years of design and production experience in an office or agency setting.
- Adobe Creative Suite expertise. Including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator (Premier, Spark, Rush and XD – a plus)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint.
- Design proficiency in marketing automation system (such as Act-On), Technical fluency with HTML and CSS. Familiarity with developing HTML for commercial email.
- Excellent typography and layout skills.
- Solid understanding of advertising and marketing principles. Able to apply brand guidelines to new materials for internal and external clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to thoroughly proofread work.
- A team player with strong independent decision-making, organizational, and planning skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize them appropriately.
Legal right to work in the United States.
Position is based on our centrally located Washington, D.C. office.