Bindery Operator/Folder Operator
Working knowledge of the set up, adjustment, procedures, capabilities and limitations of equipment to perform the full range of standard and specialized folding, collating, and cutting of printed materials to complete a finished product. Familiarity with different paper weights, sizes, kinds and colors so as to be able to identify paper conditions (i.e. excessive moisture or curling that frequently requires additional machine adjustment). Familiarity with basic mathematics (i.e. decimals, metric units) to understand dimensional requirements contained in job orders and to make more complicated adjustments. Ability to use the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the bindery machines. Skill in making adjustments to powered machines using hand tools (i.e. wrenches, screwdrivers, punches, knives) as well as more specialized hand tools, usually furnished by the machine manufacturer. Knowledge of operating procedures for bindery equipment. Ability to read and interpret written work which indicates the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided.
- Ensures that production goals are met.
- Troubleshoots problems to maintain quality standards and to keep binding line equipment in running condition - request maintenance as required.
- Examines product frequently to ensure that it meets customer quality specifications.
- Pulls and inspects hourly run samples and notifies the Bindery Leader in the event quality standards are not being met.
- Cleans, lubricates and maintains assigned machine to ensure its optimum operation.
- May run the binding line in absence of the Bindery Leader.
- May coordinate the assignment of crewmembers.
- May provide training for new team members.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out - tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- It is the responsibility of all Solution Delivery employees to follow the requirements of their documented process as defined in the ISO Quality Manual.
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- Previous experience in the operation of a binder machine or work in a printing environment preferred.
- Must be able to operate computers efficiently
- Must be able to work in a team environment.