Glue Folder Operator
Employee performs journeyman level skilled work in the setup, operation, and maintenance on Bobst DOMINO 110-M II/110-M II MATIC gluing equipment.
- Set up and operate gluer folder equipment.
- Lead crew of 3-5 people working on the machine.
- Correct and/or report any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain crew safety, quality and productivity.
- Train apprentice and entry level members as needed.
- Perform minor repairs and preventative maintenance on gluing equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years of experience in operating a gluer folder machine.
- Ability to set up and operate a full range of work on glue machines including straight line, auto bottom, 4 and 6 corner packages, etc.
- Experience on all kinds of substrates including text, book, cover, board and corrugate.
- Ability to read and follow written job tickets and schedules.
- Requires basic math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret written work which indicates the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided.
- Ability to provide effective communication with crew, supervisors, managers, co-workers and customers.
- Ability to work varying shifts, overtime and/or weekends, as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; and risk of electrical shock. Employees are expected to use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and follow appropriate safety procedures as recommended by EHS when conditions require its use. This may include, but is not limited to, hearing protection, goggles, safety shoes, lockout/tagout, etc.
Lifting up to 30 lbs regularly to move objects. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently sit; use hands and fingers repetitively; climb; talk or hear; stand; reach (extending hands and arms in any direction); bend, twist, walk (moving about to accomplish tasks); and lift(raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position).