Print Center Lead
Print Center Lead
This is a working lead position: Must understand the flow of print through insertion, bindery and finishing.
Coordinate, develop and monitor print, insertion and bindery crew production schedules. Analyze production specifications and plant capacity data to determine material and human resource requirements. Develop master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet production and shipping deadlines. Interpret data to identify needs and staffing requirements.
- Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Confers with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Coordinates training schedules and meetings. Prepares production reports.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out - tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Must have flexible work hours, with the understanding that hours may change based on customer needs.
- Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at level of detail required to resolve issues.
- Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Able to apply functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows other technical tools in completing assignments.
- Basic math skills and sound mathematical reasoning.
- Must have an organized approach to task completion and excellent attention to detail.
- Physical requirements of this position include: ability to stand for extended period, ability to lift and handle cartons up to 60 pounds on an occasional basis and up to 40 pounds on a continuous basis.
- Ability to solve problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job.
- Good organizational and communication skills required.
- Ability to read and interpret data and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and coach people is required.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and meet stringent deadlines.
- Available to work overtime to include weekends and holidays.
- Available to work evening and/or weekend shifts as required.
- Must meet minimum requirements stated above
- Experience as a lead in a print, mail or bindery environment required