Retail Account Specialist
POSITION LOCATED IN HARRISBURG, PA
As an Account Specialist with the Retail Solutions platform at RR Donnelley, you will support the development and execution of merchandising displays, print campaigns and any associated programs in the-store environment for our ISM client, in order to achieve and exceed RR Donnelley company and client goals. You will build excellent relationships with client contacts and apply knowledge of the client’s business (organization structure, value chain, strategy, etc.), providing complete ownership and accountability. By establishing yourself as a key point of contact for the client, you will be able to translate client needs and partner with Retail Service, Solutions and Operations to assess and develop processes to deliver on service, quality and solutions development for the Client.
Core responsibilities include understanding, interpretation, articulation and transformation of design concepts into production language for the in-store environment; consulting with clients, vendors and company personnel as a technical advisor for providing production recommendations, pricing options, kit packaging solutions and fulfillment/delivery schedules. You will also assist in the capture and development of specifications, project renderings and manufacturing instructions. In addition, you will utilize strong project management skills, knowledge, communication skills and experience to oversee, plan and coordinate the production of jobs from product concept development to final disposition, including across multiple production facilities or with outside vendors. The Account Specialist is the owner of the end-to-end process, from creative to final distribution, and will lead, mentor, and partner with both internal and external teams to achieve successful outcomes. Additional responsibilities may be assigned in support of Client and Company goals.
- On behalf of the Client, act as the knowledge resource for the production, distribution and management of merchandising and marketing collateral. Provide project management, procurement and coordination of all merchandising and marketing collateral projects.
- Partner with creative project management and client on development of promotional campaigns, projects, and in-store elements.
- Interpret client needs and develop concepts and specifications that meet requirements for cost, production capability, and marketing impact. Consideration should be to internal RRD production assets when possible and then to external vendor partners.
- Manage facilitation of product prototypes and development of custom and specialty print pieces and related marketing items.
- Manage project scope and planning, in coordination with Client, Vendors, and internal partner groups.
- Understanding of Client’s expectations and excellent communication of those to all internal and external partners. Full knowledge of Client’s standards and requirements.
- Manage projects to agreed upon milestones and defined SLA’s in order to meet all key performance indicators. Utilize well-considered communication and proactive engagement with all partners to review project milestones, status, and ensure delivery goals will be achieved.
- Oversee the management of inventory, fulfillment and distribution as part of project execution and on-going replenishment.
- Provide reporting as needed in support of project status, inventory management, business reviews or other requests.
- Coordinate efforts with the Client to gather all requirements and data files for current and anticipated projects. Consult with the Client regarding the manufacturing process and the various requirements needed to efficiently (cost and time) produce displays, print and print related collateral.
- Lead and mentor internal team supporting project execution and overall client relationship. Manage workflow for the team, organize training and mentoring, and resolve project issues including escalation to leadership if necessary. Work with account team to troubleshoot issues and build best practices and processes that enhance production.
- Proactively identify and drive resolution to account challenges by leveraging RRD resources and technologies, and/or engage vendors partners as needed.
- Provide recommendations to process improvements to bolster improved quality, Client satisfaction, increased productivity and lower operating costs.
- Requires a bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 8-10 years of relevant work experience OR a demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Requires excellent understanding of In-Store Environment products, features and capabilities in order to educate and enhance client relationships.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of various print methods, substrates, and concept engineering, including structural design knowledge, used in retail marketing and the ability to evaluate supplier performance.
- Must demonstrate strong project management, relationship building, and excellent communication skills, to include the ability to communicate and interact with a variety of external Clients and internal personnel at the level of detail required to resolve complex issues.
- Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations. Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.
- Strong business acumen and collaborative skills, with proven ability to interface with all levels within and outside of the organization.
- Must be able to solve more complex tasks or problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job, and be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately.
- Able to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, Gmail and associated Google applications and especially Excel. May require knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized software to complete work assignments
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and travel when required.
- Experience supporting Retail In-Store Marketing programs required, with emphasis on campaign solution development and successful project management from concept design to production through kitting, distribution and invoicing, preferably on a national brand.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer