THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN HARRISBURG, PA
The ideal candidate offers an established technical skill set in creating and constructing marketing products. The primary role of the Structural Designer will be engineering 2D and 3D products and displays based on renderings from Graphic Designers, input from the Creative Director, or direction based on client-furnished ideas and/or assets. The Structural Designer will work as part of the Creative Services team to ideate and execute in-store marketing campaigns.
· Create and produce products and displays using a variety of materials – and build a knowledge base of those materials and their allowances; understand in-house resources; or, source outside vendors for materials or hardware
· To work as a liaison between; RRD Sales & Operations, D&I Management, Client Services Management, Rite-Aid, PureRed, AOR and other key stakeholders as opportunities develop.
· Follow best practices for structure creation, as well as software use and layout design, aided by established, department-created standards and client brand guidelines
· Participate in brainstorming meetings; work autonomously or as part of the Creative Services team to develop ideas; lead pre-production meetings
· Work hand-in-hand with Graphic Designers to aid in the creation of displays and other marketing products to ensure that both external ideas and internal renderings come to life in an innovative, functional form – develop ideas from concept to physical form
· Develop structure, to include cutting and assembling either white and color prototypes—or, when no rendering or mockup is available, sketch and develop concepts
· 3+ years design experience in an agency, print shop, or the retail industry
· In-store marketing, display, or packing experience, including brand development experience
· Ability to utilize Artios CAD is required
· Ability to work with multiple substrates
· Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite—specifically, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign is a plus
· Client facing, exceptional people skills are a must and the ability to represent RRD, affiliated services including the primary manufacturing platform.
· Proficiency in print production and file preparation
· Ability to collaborate as a leader or work autonomously and as a team member to either share or provide ideas
· Strong communication skills, including critiques and presentations with both internal and external audiences
· A positive, can-do attitude that serves as a foundation for solid time management and multi-tasking skills, which will foster success in a fast-paced environment
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer