Material Handler 1 - Bindery
Reads work order or follows verbal instructions to ascertain materials or components. Responsible for laying up, feeding or piling down materials at equipment. Jog product off counter stacker and stack neatly on skid to assure good running in bindery or mailing department. Separate signatures by hand based on customer specifications. Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet. Complete skid flags and packaging slips to ensure accurate tracking. Install strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools. Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers. Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together, using banding machine and clincher. May occasionally operate automated equipment and/or industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
Must be able to work overtime including assigned weekends, when necessary.
Multiple positions on various shifts available including:
2nd Shift: 3pm-11pm
3rd Shift: 11pm-7am
RRD is an EEO/AA including Veterans and Disabled Persons
- Basic knowledge of general warehouse layout, item identication codes, basic knowledge of warehouse procedures and familiarity with the storage areas in order to be able to place or pull paper stock, signatures and materials in accordance with standard procedures.
- Able to feed, stock, move, jog, arrange, unload and rotate items on/off bindery and/or finishing equipment in accordance with operating instructions or under guidance of a bindery operator or supervisor.
- Able to complete appropriate forms relating to stock description, quantity, unit of issue, and the labeling requirements for incoming and outgoing materials.
- Basic skill in the use of manual dollies, carts or hand trucks and hand tools used in material handling tasks such as hammers, pliers, strapping and stretch wrapping tools and equipment, tape fasteners, metal band sheers and related equipment.
- Must be able to regularly and frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds.