Material Handler - 3rd Shift
Our Plover, Wisconsin facility is part of our Supply Chain Solutions group where we specialize in ‘kitting’ – assembling packages for our commercial clients. Team members handle various tasks from inventory control to assembly – ensuring that the correct items are placed into consumer packaging – through to quality assurance and shipping. Our well lit production warehouse is clean, temperature controlled and most lines do not require hearing protection.
The incumbent is primarily responsible for providing inventory control of materials by ensuring necessary distribution and replenishment of items in order to prevent any interruption in workflow due to lack of materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pick orders accurately, using a motorized reach forklift or stock-picker
- Process restocks and teardowns
- Load and unload trucks using forklift
- Locate product, as directed from the job traveler/work order, using a motorized standup forklift and verifying accuracy of product and all required information
- Perform manual and clerical duties within computer systems such as JD Edwards
- Wrap pallets and deliver to shipping as needed
- Perform product moves using necessary motorized forklift equipment
- Maintain accurate and thorough record keeping and verify required paperwork
- Receive product into the system as needed
- Pull samples as needed
- Perform duties as needed to meet customer requests such as taking digital pictures for their website.
- Resolve customer issues utilizing the assistance of the account teams
- Perform re-warehousing assignments and execute replenishments
- Comply with all facility safety requirements and work rules.
- Special projects as assigned
- Palletize cartons according to carrier
- Pack orders; perform work on the bulk line
- General cleaning and hauling of cardboard
- Perform and maintain departmental 5S procedures
- Follow ISO procedures, participate in ISO audits and complete training
- Work in other departments as deemed necessary to meet business needs.
RR Donnelley is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, martial status, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- The position requires the ability to perform arithmetic, algebraic and geometric procedures in standard practical applications.
- The position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form and the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Previous PIV experience.
- Able to stand as needed for the position.
- Able to lift 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Able to work weekend and overtime hours as needed.