Imaging Operator 3*
Operate high resolution, variable print proprietary imaging equipment. Program and prepare jobs for printing. Maintain daily print job production logs and daily delivery manifests. Setup, program and release jobs from print queue. Adjust image position. Color quality and resolution, perforations and folds on paper, etc. Monitor quality of job output for correctness and image quality. Order supplies such as ink, chemical solutions, blankets and rollers, paper, tabs, and other items as needed. Maintain inventory levels.
Requires advanced knowledge of digital print and/or inkjet imaging equipment set up, adjustment, operating procedures, and a corresponding level of skill to set up, operate, and adjust the equipment. Able to set up, operate, and adjust the equipment, and in addition, diagnose, solve, and correct operating problems affecting the quality and timeliness of the service or product or function. Requires advanced knowledge of color theory and ability to make adjustments and color corrections when operating the equipment to produce the imaging to customer specifications. Excellent knowledge of file manipulation and file formats for digital print. Excellent knowledge and ability to set up feed rollers, tensioning, timing and in-line finishing per job specifications. May instruct junior level operators how to complete the required corrective adjustment. Typically, corrective adjustments performed require the operator to consider the symptom(s), possible causes and remedies.
The Digital Print Operator produces quality products to meeting customer specifications and company quality standards.
- Operate digital print equipment to optimal production standards.
- Produce digital products to customer specifications and quality standards
- Maintains accurate production records
- Rips digital files for production
- Loads/unloads finished product from machine
- Makes efficient use of inventory on hand
- Loads inks and performs routine maintenance
- Operates finishing equipment, performs table work and packouts as required
- Other duties as requested or required
THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE on swing shift 6 PM - 6 AM and 6am-6pm.
- PC literate, able to navigate files and folders to set up equipment for production
- Ability and motivation to learn new digital equipment, EFI Vutek 5000R.
- Quality focused, ability to recognize color issues and recommend solutions
- Self motivated team player
Physical abilities: Able to lift up to 60 lbs., ability to stand for a full 8 or 12 hour production shift, ability to handle materials up to 5ft x 10ft of various weights, lifting from floor to table height
Experience as a digital print equipment operator: EFI Vutek GS3200, VeeJet, Xljet, HP5000 series. (Helpful but not necessary)