2nd Press Operator - Large Format
- Assists Press Operator with press make ready, operating, and maintaining a variety of presses including 40" Heidelberg, Komori, 64" and 81" KBA Sheetfed Presses.
- This includes inserting packing sheets on plate cylinder to build up plate to printing height, fastening reinforcing bars to offset blankets, and installing plates and blankets on press cylinders, making adjustments to achieve pressure required for printing.
- Adjusts press machine parts, such as feeder and delivery mechanisms, suction grippers, guides, feed wheels, jogging devices, tapes, and cams, using hand tools.
- Assist in removing and replacing worn rollers and adjusting pressure between rollers of press, using hand tools.
- Wash blankets and cleans ink and ink distributing rollers and ink fountains, using ink solvent and cleaning mechanism on press.
- Assist Press Operator by making necessary color or register corrections and/or press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work.
- Requires general knowledge of offset presswork procedures and materials.
- Ability to read and follow job specifications to determine press set-up materials needed to run the job successfully.
- Skill to follow instructions to operate equipment safely and produce the desired product.
- Ability to make adjustments to feeder and feed board (e.g., ability to adjust suctions and blast, front and side guides and the timing of the head stops).
- Skill in performing routine operational maintenance and minor repairs to equipment under guidance of senior level Press Operators.
POSITION AVAILABLE ON 4 CREW - AM Shift
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company's policy is to select, place and deal with all its employees without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected Veteran status, genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Minimum 2-5 years previous experience setting up and feeding sheet fed presses
- Previous experience in the operation of a sheet fed press equipment
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to make and read measurements.
- Ability to read, understand and carry out written instructions.
- Ability to understand verbal instructions.
- Standing 100% of the entire time.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally, 35 lbs. frequently.
- Continuous eye concentration
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs.
High School/GED or equivalent experience in the print industry required