Shipping & Receiving 2
KIRK RD - Performs manual and clerical duties related to the preparation and shipment of customer samples, components and finished products mailed primarily through Fed Ex, UPS, USPS or other similar carrier. Maintain necessary files and documentation. Utilizes small hand tools and operate scales, metering machines, etc. and primarily use hand trucks to move materials around. Typical shipping activities include: checking goods against shipping documents and authorizations, packing goods for shipment according to specifications, preparing bills of lading, posting weight and shipping charges and attach information and shipping instructions on to boxes. May occasionally perform activities related to the receiving materials such as unpacking of goods; checking against bills of lading, packing slips, etc., identification and quantity; maintaining records of goods received; rejects damaged, excess or misdirected goods, routes material to inspection, stores or other destinations. May require operation of a pick truck.
Follow detailed procedures to perform routine packing work. Pick and package a variety of printed materials or print related items that require a limited variety of packing procedures and techniques. Place, arrange, mark, seal, and tag items on pallets and in containers, bins, and bulk storage. Consolidate various items for shipment in accordance with standard operating instructions. Assemble finished products into boxes or containers for shipping. Count and sort various product items. Perform related tasks such as placing labels on packages, putting manuals into binders, and handling boxes for final product. Ensure accurate shipping information is attached and packages are shipped according to specified schedule. May prepare shipments of customer samples.
THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE ON 1ST, 2ND and 3RD SHIFT.
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company's policy is to select, place and deal with all its employees without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected Veteran status, genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- High School/GED or equivalent experience in a warehouse environment
- Skill in reading specifications and identifying the correct parts for fulfilling customer orders.
- Excellent knowledge of routine and non-routine packing procedures, techniques, equipment, and basic warehouse procedures.
- Skill in using a limited variety of packing procedures and techniques. Knowledge of shipping documents and ability to identify shipping requirements and procedures for specific items using manual or automated processes.
- May require skill in using heat sealers, cutters, hand and power tools.
- Skill in completing manual and computerized forms and shipping documents regarding stock description, units of issue, weight, quantity, and labeling requirements for incoming and outgoing materials and equipment.
- Requires basic arithmetic and standard formulas to determine size and volume of packing containers and materials.
- Skill in assembling standard shipping boxes and packing contents securely
- Must be able to communicate in English
- Good communicate skills - oral and written
- Must be able to read and understand job and mailing specification, shipping codes, critical numbering system and work orders
- Basic Math skills
- Lifting up to 50 lbs, 4-6 hours
- Walking/standing, 6-7 hours
- Bending/stooping, 5-6 hours