Responsible for setting up and operating of flexographic printing press to produce the final printed product that meets quality expectations and production efficiencies as set forth by the customer and the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Set up and operates flexographic printing press to print graphics on rolls of customer specified material by performing the following duties:
Pressman reads entire job ticket for information required for the setup and running of the job.
Retrieve all necessary components (print cylinders and dies) from the press ready table.
Retrieve necessary inks from the ink vault.
Mount proper anilox, plate cylinders and dies to print stations.
fills ink fountains with proper ink.
When work is sheeted or slit set up the mechanical of either set up.
Start press and progressively register plates on press.
Register the die to the print.
Check printed copy against the approved sample proof for the job.
Meet established quality standards
Follow the requirements of their documented process as defined in the ISO Quality Manual
2nd shift - 3pm - 11pm
3rd shift - 11pm - 7am
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties listed above. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, look out – tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- High school and/or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience with flexographic or printing presses.
- Previous experience in the operation of a printing press or work in a flexographic, digital printing, offset or web printing, or duplicator operation preferred. Some experience in the operation of various hand tools including line gauge, loupe, plate wrench, blanket wrench, brush gauge, ink knife, chisel and punch preferred.
- Flexo or Digital Experience Preferred.
- Hearing protection, safety glasses and safety toe shoes or boots are required.
- Must be able to lift, pull and push up to 60 pounds frequently.
- Must be able to bend, reach and turn frequently.
- Must be able to stand and move about the facility
Years Of Experience:
2+ to 5 Years
Level of Education: