Plant HR Manager
Enerpac is a global market leader in high-pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads. We manufacture products, from the smallest hydraulic cylinder to complete computer-operated lifting and positioning systems. Our focus is to provide customers with the most extensive line of products and accessories that maximize force-to increase productivity and make work safer and easier to perform.
Enerpac is wholly owned by Enerpac Tool Group. Enerpac Tool Group is a premier industrial tools and services company serving a broad and diverse set of customers in more than 25 countries. The Company’s businesses are global leaders in high pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads that help customers safely and reliably tackle some of the most challenging jobs around the world. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Enerpac Tool Group trades on the NYSE under the symbol “EPAC”.
For further information on Enerpac Tool Group and its businesses, visit the Company's website at https://www.enerpactoolgroup.com/.
Plant HR Manager will lead the local HR Department of two production facilities, collaborating with different levels of leadership and employees to drive HR strategy and solutions forward. Plant HR Manager will serve as an employee champion and change agent demonstrating a strong emphasis on increasing leadership capabilities, driving employee engagement and promoting a high performing work culture. This role will serve as a consultant to all stakeholders and ensure HR practices, policies and tools are aligned and implemented in the organization. This includes performance and talent management, compensation process, employee engagement initiatives, recruiting, partnership in organizational design, and supporting talent and diversity initiatives.
Role will be based in Columbus, WI, located within our flagship state of the art manufacturing facility and will also provide HR oversight of the Antigo, WI site as well.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive strong talent acquisition, talent management and retention through:
- Provide assistance to Enerpac team members and leadership through:
- Collaboration with Operations Leadership to develop and implement talent attraction strategies
- Partner with leadership to recruit and retain top talent and engage employees in their full potential
- Partner with Talent Acquisition on all recruitment activities, including University relations and staffing
- Identify focused efforts to enhance overall Diversity and Inclusion metrics
- Lead interviews for salaried roles
- Strengthen Culture and drive retention efforts through chairing various site committees
- Talent Management:
- Lead the annual talent review process identifying top talent and assisting managers in developing meaningful action plans
- Partner with Corporate Learning & Development team to establish training programs where needed
- Coach Managers and high potential employees, where applicable
- Partner with leaders in implementing strategic initiatives to attract, engage and retain talent
- Coach and partner with business leaders to provide relevant people solutions to business challenges
- Contribute insights into strategic planning and decision-making processes
- Provide overall leadership and management to site HR team - HR Generalist and Administrator
- Performance Management:
- Lead the performance review process for all hourly and salary Operations based employees
- Employee Relations:
- Provide guidance for managers and employees on situations involving employee relations matters, performance management and engagement.
- Partner with the management team to communicate HR policy changes, procedures and programs to the organization.
- Conduct employee investigations and ensure timely recommendations/resolution
- Act as a coach and source of counsel on performance and development issues, intervening where necessary to improve management and team effectiveness
- Ensure consistent and appropriate corrective action steps are taken, including coaching, verbal / written warnings, Performance Improvement Plans, termination, etc.
- Interpret and write HR policy and procedures and identify improvements within the HR function
- Lead other regional HR initiatives as may be assigned
Skills and Competencies
- Well versed within employee relations, engagement, recruitment, talent and performance management.
- Experienced completing large projects and coordinating with HR counterparts to ensure projects are progressed timely. Strong detail orientation skills with an eye towards accuracy.
- Ability to coach employees and managers in a solution-oriented manner which encourages positive outcomes.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to promote the delivery of exceptional customer service to both internal (staff) and external customers (visitors and vendors)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and HRIS systems (working Oracle experience a plus). Experience with MS Sharepoint and Visio is a plus.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing needs especially during times of high volume and / or stress.
- Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Ability to resolve conflict directly and productively
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (BA) from four-year College or university in Human Resources Management or related degree.
At least 6 years of experience as a HR Generalist. Manufacturing experience is preferred but not required. Must have experience working with a large group of hourly employees.
PHR or SPHR preferred but not required.
Employee may have to lift documents/work materials up to 30 pounds in weight. Employee will have to be able to walk/climb to a variety of primary work locations, including traveling by air/auto to remote sites. Employee will need to listen, understand, and speak with team members in person, telephonically, and electronically at all levels within a diverse workforce and with supported organizations. Employee is able to work in front of a personal computer and telephone for long periods of time.
Primary work environment is temperature controlled office setting but must be able to provide support to a manufacturing environment.
Two - HR Generalist and Administrator
Key External Contacts/Clients
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the job described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.