Workout, Liquidation & Recovery Officer
Monitors and manages past due loans. Negotiates workouts and loan restructures for troubled assets. Manages liquidation of troubled assets. Manages OREO properties and properties classified as "Non-Performing Assets". Assists CCO and Special Asset Manager with various projects. Prepares and presents quarterly asset status for Senior Management and Board Meetings. Assists State and Federal Bank Examiner, Internal Auditors and external loan review auditors on a periodic basis.
- Manages/Monitors Past Due Loans.
- Manages loan workout process which may include negotiations with borrower(s), guarantor(s),landlord,… May also include liquidation of collateral, management of auction process, retention and interaction with bank counsel - all in an effort to maximize recovery and minimize the loss to the bank
- Works with Bank Counsel(s) on negotiating troubled assets and attend hearings as needed; filing of judgments; collection activities
- Restructures troubled assets. Negotiates, Manages and processes Change in Terms, Forbearance Agreements and loan modifications of loans in portfolio.
- Works with bank auditors, external loan review auditors and state and federal regulators as needed.
- Requests, reviews and analyzes financial information of Borrower(s).
- Manages/Monitors OREO properties and properties classified as "Non-Performing Assets".
- Coordinates insurance coverages for bank owned properties and properties lacking proper insurance coverage.
- Orders & reviews appraisals of properties within loan portfolio.
- Coordinates payment of collection expenses and legal fees.
- Prepares and presents memos at quarterly Senior Management and Board Meetings.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Credit Analysis skills.
- Real Estate knowledge.
- Proficiency with loan documents and other legal documents.
- Understanding of loan workout liquidation policies and procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual who can think strategically, operate independently and take accountability for the function.
- Ability to motivate, influence and collaborate with others both internally and externally.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and prioritize your focus on most impactful activities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills when interacting with internal and external clients.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships FIRST in all areas of job performance.
- Local travel as required.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships F•I•R•S•T in all areas of job performance.
High School Diploma or equivalent 5 years
Experience in special assets, real estate law or commercial lending.
Prior banking and Real Estate knowledge is desired. Formal Training RMA, NAGGL, college level training in credit analysis, real estate, loan documentation or SBA (preferred)
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.