Medical Records Abstractor II-Nationwide
Qlarant is a not-for-profit corporation that partners with public and private sectors to create high quality, safe, and efficient delivery of health care and human services programs. We have multiple lines of business including quality improvement, population health, utilization review, managed care organization quality review, and quality assurance for programs serving individuals with developmental disabilities. Qlarant is also a national leader in fighting fraud, waste and abuse for large organizations across the country.
Qlarant seeks a Medical Records Abstractor II. Multiple positions are available nationwide. Position is contingent upon award of contract.
The Medical Records Abstractor performs medical record assessment functions of the review program as outlined by procedures, by conducting an initial medical record screening for the Expert Reviewer/Medical Director. This review is performed retrospectively, depending on contract requirements. The associate will abstract and review medical records based on a pull list from the facility to determine medical necessity, appropriateness of utilization and/or coding and quality issues in accordance with pre-established criteria.
- Technical- Navigate electronic medical record (and manual/hybrid records) to find key data and information, with strong keyboarding skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Medical Terminology- Be familiar with medical terminology used in the healthcare system.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of office software and the internet to meet contract deliverables. Utilizes required data entry and reporting systems.
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Must have the ability to grasp and adapt to change in procedures and process.
- Ability to orient new staff of the basic review process.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) Certification required.
- Minimum four years experience with medical record review, abstraction and /or HIMS.
Qlarant, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.