Actuarial Summer Intern
Penn Mutual’s Actuarial Interns will gain valuable experience in one of four areas of practice – pricing, valuation, modeling or product management – and have the following opportunities:
- Executive leadership speaker luncheons including discussions with the Chief Actuary, SVP of Product Management, CFO, COO and CEO
- Paid Housing
- Department Information Sessions
- Advanced Excel and Access training
- Mentoring program
- Performs actuarial tasks, which are mathematical and/or higher level clerical nature
- Compiles and categorizes data for experience analyses and prepared related reports
- Prepares schedules of statistics, financial statements, premiums, reserves and benefits, documenting and verifying the factors used in related computations
- Active team member accountable for working towards shared goals and objectives
- Passing an exam is not required for program eligibility, but candidate should be working towards passing exams
- Strong communicator in both written and verbal context
- Ability to plan and prioritize work towards the achievement of personal and corporate objectives
- Working towards a degree with a major/concentration in Actuarial Science, Mathematics or a related discipline. Business coursework a plus.
All Associates Exemplify Our Penn Mutual Values:
Acting With Integrity—We have the conscious intention to do the right thing.
Respecting One Another—We see each other’s distinctiveness as a valued asset.
Focusing on Relationships—We foster meaningful connections with others.
Sustaining Our Legacy—We are trusted guardians for what we promise.
A Shared Sense of Belonging—We evoke our place as part of a world that we influence and influences us.
For Leadership roles within Penn Mutual, we believe the below characteristics are essential:
Execution Focused—Gets it done. Drives progress and results towards strategic objectives.
Strategic–Sees the big picture. Challenges boundaries, takes risks and innovates to execute and advance Penn Mutual’s strategy.
Authentic–Keeps it real. Is principled, transparent, trustworthy and accountable.
Decisive – Makes the call. Demonstrates courage, confidence and a bias for action.
Empowering – Develops people. Sets clear expectations, delegates effectively and encourages risk taking.
Influential – Sets the tone. Inspires, motivates and persuades others through their decisions and actions.
Penn Mutual is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We provide employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and associates, according to applicable laws. This is reflected in our practices for hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, compensation, selection or training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. All employment-related decisions and practices are free from unlawful discrimination. This includes: race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship age, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, domestic partnership or civil union status, marital status, genetic information, disability, religious observance or practice, liability, veteran status or any other classification protected under applicable law.
Leaders may, at their discretion, change the responsibilities in this position description at any time due to reasonable accommodation and/or other business reasons.
About the Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company
Penn Mutual is committed to helping people live life with confidence. At the heart of this purpose is the belief that life insurance is central to a sound financial plan. Through our network of trusted advisers, we are dedicated to helping individuals, families and businesses achieve their dreams. Penn Mutual supports its advisers with retirement and investment services through its wholly owned subsidiary Hornor, Townsend & Kent, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC. Visit Penn Mutual at www.pennmutual.com.