Project Management & Estimating
Trex Commercial Products, based in Minneapolis, Minn., is a national leader in architectural railings for commercial applications. The company engineers and markets pre-engineered railing systems, aluminum systems and custom railing solutions. Trex Commercial Products has built an industry-leading reputation for quality and dedication to customer service since 1990
A Trex Commercial Products Estimator is responsible for qualifying opportunities and developing detailed proposals for customers. The Estimator serves as the primary point of contact to our customer during the sales process.
- Manage & organize opportunity pipeline within Salesforce
- Manage and organize project documentation
- Perform detailed, accurate and complete project takeoff
- Communicate with contractor and architect to clarify project scope
- Prepare quotations and bid packages that meet and exceed client expectations
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, project managers and sales team to develop accurate proposals
- Evaluate project and quoting trends to make recommendations for product development
- 1-5 years estimating experience within the commercial construction industry, specifically working with subcontractors.
- Associates Degree in Construction Management with emphasis on cost estimating required
- 4-year degree in Construction Management with emphasis on cost estimating preferred.
- Glass/Glazing/Ornamental Metals industry experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural plans and specifications.
- Strong analytical, attention to detail, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid MS Excel skills