Journeyman Cartographic Analyst
Ft. Bragg, NC•
Clearance: Active TS/SCI and willing to undergo CI Poly
- Expertise and experience in geography, cartography and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) which includes skill in ArcGIS applications.
- Expertise and experience in creating shapefiles, geo-databases, and features.
- Knowledge of geospatial analysis software suites (GIS commercial software packages such as ArcGIS, ERDAS & SocetSet, including common office software to include spreadsheets and word processing) used by NGA to accomplish its mission.
- Knowledge of digital cartography, image processing, geographical information systems (GIS), geospatial production techniques and NGA digital data formats.
- Expertise in research information gathering for the following sources: Primary legal documents that pertain to the delimitation, demarcation and maintenance of the boundary, including textual descriptions, coordinate lists, reports and accompanying maps, native maps, secondary source maps, and historic maps used for extraction and comparison. Mapping imagery for stereo and mono extraction at various resolutions using digital terrain elevation data sets.
- Expertise in preparing source material for digitizing, attribution, digitizing boundaries from georeferenced and ortho-rectified sources, applying projection, datum, and coordinate transformations, geo-referencing and ortho-rectifying source materials (maps, imagery) and extracting vectors from stereo imagery or elevation data.
- A bachelor’s degree in a field related to the support services may count for up to four years of this experience.
- 3-10 years of feature extraction and map finishing experience
- Must have an active TS/SCI & be willing to obtain a CI Poly