Faculty, Physical Therapist Assistant
Physical Therapist Assistant
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at ACC has an opening for a full-time faculty position. This is a 9-month appointment beginning August 2020. Faculty members generally teach 30 credit hours annually (15 credits each fall and spring semester) and have the option to teach courses during the summer semester for additional compensation.
The faculty member will perform instructional duties and related activities. Assigned courses may be taught using both traditional and non-traditional delivery methods, including online, computer-aided, distance learning, self-paced, interdisciplinary; some weekend/evening teaching may be required. Face-to-face and hybrid courses may be scheduled at ACC’s Littleton Campus, Parker Campus, or the Sturm Collaboration Campus in Castle Rock.
Faculty members develop and evaluate curriculum, advise students, select texts, assess student learning, maintain required office and campus hours, and attend meetings as required.
This position is also responsible for the clinical education component of the PTA curriculum to include developing, maintaining, and evaluating clinical sites in accordance with accreditation standards. On-site meetings and travel throughout the service area is required to establish clinical placement opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in Physical Therapy, or AAS in Physical Therapist Assistant and a bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Current PT license or PTA certification in the State of Colorado.
- Three years full-time post-licensure clinical practice to include at least two years as a Center Coordinator of Clinical Education or Clinical Instructor in physical therapy or two years of experience in teaching, curriculum development and administration in a PT or PTA program.
- One year of full-time postsecondary instructional experience or training experience in a clinical setting.
- Have, or qualify, for a postsecondary CTE credential including 4,000 paid non-teaching occupational hours within the past five years.
- APTA Member
- Familiarity with CAPTE accreditation requirements
- Community college experience
Physical & Cognitive Demands
The following are some of the physical and cognitive demands commonly associated with this position.
- Occasionally moves, positions, and transports items weighing up to 50 lbs. on campus and off-site clinical facilities.
- This position operates in an office, classroom, lab environment, and/or clinical facility and constantly uses a computer, and routinely uses standard office equipment including phones, copiers, etc.
- The person in this position constantly communicates with internal and external constituents and students. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Cognitive demands include comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, synthesizing, negotiating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
- Regular travel to off-site meetings and clinical facilities is required.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
Arapahoe Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process and/or during the course of employment, please contact Angela Johnson, Director of Human Resources, at (303) 797-5715 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised Salary Range
Starting salary for this is $58,485 to $70,194, commensurate with education and experience. This salary is based on 166 contract days within an academic year (August - May). The projected start date for this position is August 2020; salary will be prorated based on the number of contract days worked. This is a full-time, 9-month, FLSA exempt position.
All applicants must submit a resume, detailed letter of interest addressing the job announcement, unofficial transcripts, copies of certifications, and names and contact information for three professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. To submit your application, scroll to the bottom of this page.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at ACCAskHR@arapahoe.edu.
Application accepted through April 2, 2020 at 4:00 PM MT
Notice to all Applicants
- Final candidate will be subject to successful completion of a background check, and, if applicable, a motor vehicle record review.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System, or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in their application material.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within thirty (30) days of hire.
- ACC participates in the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, PERA-eligible employees are required to contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the COPERA web page.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Arapahoe Community College participates in E-Verify.
- Arapahoe Community College is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
Arapahoe Community College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
We seek to respect, understand, and embrace the diversity of our students, staff, faculty, and the community we proudly serve. As a community, ACC encourages the richness of diversity and values the dignity of all persons. We strive to foster an equitable and positive learning environment that reflects the diverse nature of the people of Colorado and the nation.
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime Statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the Arapahoe Community College Annual Security Report. For a hard copy report, please visit ACC Campus Police Department, Room AM2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120.