Temporary Part-time Classroom Teacher
Child Development Center
Arapahoe Community College, Littleton Campus, is seeking temporary ECT Qualified Teachers to assist full-time teachers with the day-to-day operations of the Child Development Center. The position requires you to work with children from 12 months to 6 years old and help Lead Teachers in the classrooms with various tasks. This position will interact with ACC employees, faculty, students, community members and visitors. The successful candidate must possess excellent child care skills and a professional demeanor.
ACC’s Child Development Center holds a Colorado Shines 4 Star Quality Rating, is NAEYC accredited, and provides a fun and friendly atmosphere.
This is a non-exempt, temporary position not to exceed 9 months. This position works on an as-needed basis, and may work up to 28 hours each week.
The pay rate for this position is $16.00 per hour.
- Early Childhood Teacher (ECT) Qualified
- Experience providing child care.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule between 7:30 AM and 5:30 PM.
- Experience working in a post-secondary education setting.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
The physical demands associated with this position include the ability to talk, hear, see, bend, stoop, squat, get down to and up from the floor, reach, handle, and carry up to 40 lbs.
All applicants must submit a resume, electronic application and names and contact information for three professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. To submit your application scroll to the bottom of this page.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at ACCAskHR@arapahoe.edu.
Notice to all Applicants:
- Final candidate will be subject to successful completion of a background check, a TRAILS background check, and, if applicable, a motor vehicle record review.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System, or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in their application material.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within thirty (30) days of hire.
- ACC participates in the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, PERA-eligible employees are required to contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the COPERA web page.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Arapahoe Community College participates in E-Verify.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
Arapahoe Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact Angela Johnson, Director of Human Resources, at (303) 797-5715 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arapahoe Community College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
We seek to respect, understand, and embrace the diversity of our students, staff, faculty, and the community we proudly serve. We oppose discrimination and strive to foster an equitable and inclusive learning environment for our students that reflects the diverse nature of our world through professional development, responsive programming, reflection, and action.
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime Statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the Arapahoe Community College Annual Security Report. For a hard copy report, please visit ACC Campus Police Department, Room AM2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120.