Teaching Professor - Nursing, CNL
TEACHING PROFESSOR AND Program Coordinator - CNL PROGRAMS
Xavier University, a Catholic university in the Jesuit tradition, invites applications for a teaching professor position in Nursing beginning in fall 2019. The Nursing Department is located in the College of Professional Sciences. We offer a full range of degrees including a traditional BSN, Accelerated BSN, second-degree MSN, RN-MSN, MSN, and DNP in Population Health Leadership. In addition to a general studies MSN degree, we offer concentration tracks of administration, CNL, education, forensics, FNP, healthcare law, informatics. More information can be seen at https://www.xavier.edu/nursing-school/about-nursing.cfm
Xavier University has a strong commitment to diversity and, building upon recent success, seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including women and minorities. To be considered for the teaching professor position, candidates will have a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Nursing and four years in the practice of nursing. Currently we are looking for a candidate with teaching and coordination experience for our Clinical Nurse Leader program. Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) certification and experience is required.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Teaching Professor – Full-time Nursing Faculty
Teaching Professors are individuals who serve the University on a full-time basis and whose primary responsibility is teaching in didactic courses. Instructors are not evaluated with respect to scholarship, but are expected to engage in on-going professional development appropriate to nursing. Teaching Professors are not eligible for tenure yet may be promoted to Senior Teaching Professor. Nursing Teaching Professors are responsible for course syllabus, teaching and providing guidance for the students in didactic courses, coordinating related clinical experiences, and evaluation of student performance. Collaborates with other course coordinators and other faculty members for ongoing curriculum development. Serves as an advocate for students’ concerns. This position would also include coordination of our Master’s Direct entry program and the Master’s students in the Clinical Nurse Leader track. Overseeing both pre-licensure requirements and the CNL competencies needed for the CNL certification.
Minimum of Master’s Degree in Nursing and a current, active, unencumbered RN license in the state of Ohio are required. RN with a minimum of four years’ experience years in the practice of nursing. CNL certification and experience is required. Knowledge of curriculum development, methods of teaching and evaluation processes are preferred. Possesses excellent communication, strong organizational and leadership skills. Knowledgeable of current research and scholarship, that is supportive to the professional development of nursing. Maintains a commitment to community service. Familiar with current advances in technology to enhance the educational experience of students.
REPORTS TO: Associate Director Graduate Programs /Director of SON
- Supports and implements the mission of Xavier University and the School of Nursing.
- Collaborates in the revision, development, and evaluation of the nursing program.
- Develops, utilizes, and evaluates techniques of instruction and evaluative tools for students.
- Applies evaluative findings for the improvement of instruction, professional growth, and program development.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to the student as a learner and as an individual.
- Establishes collaborative relationships with professional staff to facilitate student learning and collaborates with the clinical site coordinator.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in assigned content area and supervises teaching assistants.
- Utilizes current and applicable research in teaching.
- Updates skills and knowledge by attending appropriate continuing education related to area of expertise and clinical interest.
- Serves as academic advisor to assigned students in MIDAS and CNL tracks.
- Participates in Xavier University and Nursing School professional activities.
- Contributes to the functioning of committees within Xavier University, the School of Nursing, and the professional community.
- Collaborates in creating and promoting goals of Xavier University and the School of Nursing.
Coordinate CNL/ second-degree Masters with CNL preparation:
- Maintains program records for regulatory and accreditation requirements
- Networks with community preceptors, helps find additional CNL practicum sites for student
- Coordinates CNL certification examination.
- Remains current on trends and changes in CNL practice..
To ensure consideration, interested/qualified candidates must submit a cover letter, CV and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University’s website. This position will remain open until it is filled.
XAVIER UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER