HOK designs buildings and spaces that respond to the needs of people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on a solitary goal: to deliver solutions that inspire clients and communities.
We are currently seeking a Lighting Professional to join our team. As a Lighting Professional, you will be responsible for performing basic lighting technical assignments receiving specific and detailed
instruction as to tasks required and results expected as well as working with the project team to assist overall effort of completing various project phases
- Assists with the preparation of lighting drawings in BIM/REVIT.
- Assists with the light fixture selection.
- Assists with Interior/Exterior lighting specifications.
- Assists with lighting details.
- Assists with lighting control strategies.
- Participates in field observation and measuring of light levels.
- Assists with the delivery of lighting documentation at all project phases.
- Prepares 2D and 3D presentation documents.
- Provides technical support utilizing lighting calculation software.
- Prepares physical and computer modeling for project team review.
- Promotes the principles of sustainable design.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Knowledge about sustainability and LEED preferred.
- Proficiency in AGI32 & lighting computational software (AGI32, Elumtools, Radiance).
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Proficiency in Revit/BIM.
- Proficiency in 3D modeling programs (3DMax, Rhino, SketchUp)
- Proficiency in graphic design and image editing software (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Knowledgeable of Sustainable Analysis and Daylighting programs (Ecotect, Daysim, Comfen, DIVA)
- Familiarity with Energy Analysis Software (Comcheck).
- Proficiency in NewForma is preferred.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to build physical models.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, interior design, engineering or related field preferred plus 1 year of architectural lighting experience.
- College level lighting coursework.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.