Field Install Tech - 4 (DC Power) (Mid Atlantic & New England Openings)
30 Forbes Road, Suite A, Northborough, MA
- Install, replace, or repair DC power equipment, batteries, and associated equipment per the Engineering documents and customer standards
- Install and/or modify cable conveyances and office infrastructure per the Engineering documents and customer standards
- Perform additions, removals, and modifications on working equipment and circuits including circuit modifications, software additions or upgrades, power transition work, and addition or removal of batteries
- Perform equipment test and turn-up
- Insure project is compliant with CTDI and Customer’s quality and safety standards
- Serve as the Installation Supplier’s in-charge person
- Mark/corrects office record drawings
- Manage inventory of material and equipment for each assigned project
- Keep project management team and all customer stakeholders updated on project
- Fully understand and implement customers’ standards of safety, installation quality, processes, and communication methods
- Escalates any issues to the Project Manager for assistance with resolution
- Understands and enforces CTDI’s standards of professionalism, quality, safety, metrics, and processes
- Understands and complies with installer task restrictions as defined within Telcordia GR-1275
- Accurately track all time and expenses, and reports back to the project management office using approved methods
- Responsible for timely job completion within budgeted man hours
- Identify, communicate and facilitate resolution of job issues (e.g. manpower, material, engineering, technical support, etc.) in a timely manner
- Direct supervision and on-the-job training of field personnel
- Effectively delegate tasks and assignments
- Complete quality checklist at completion of the job and ensure correction of any quality non-conformances
- Responsible for team tool kit and team van (including proper appearance and upkeep of van)
- Enforcement of corporate and divisional policies
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb a ladder.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Ability to identify different colored wires.
- Ability to travel extensively (including overnight) both locally and nationwide.
- Ability to work day and/or night shift hours.
- Strong PC skills for systems commissioning and integration (training available) as well as knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
This position is located at 30 Forbes Road, Suite A, Northborough, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.