Field Install Tech - 3
- Oversee field installation jobs of significant duration and scope.
- Responsible for timely job completion within budgeted man hours.
- Identify, communicate and facilitate resolution of job issues (e.g. manpower, material, engineering, technical support, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Direct supervision and on-the-job training of field personnel.
- Effectively delegate tasks and assignments.
- Inform management promptly of any personal problems/disciplinary issues.
- Provide regular constructed employee performance feedback to management.
- Be the point of contact with customer at the job site.
- Ensure all jobs conform to customer and CTDI quality requirements.
- Complete quality checklist at completion of the job and ensure correction of any quality non-conformances.
- Perform end of job walk-through in conjunction with field supervisor as directed.
- May be required to attend specific site meetings.
- Responsible for team tool kit and team van (including proper appearance and upkeep of van).
- Enforcement of corporate and divisional policies.
- Ensure practice of safe work habits by the installation team.
- Report time worked in CTDI timekeeping system on a daily basis.
- Completion and processing of all required job documentation and operations paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong PC skills for systems commissioning and integration (training available) as well as knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Clear understanding of industry installation standard and practices (GR-1275).
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to interpret and carry out job specifications for multiple jobs.
- Strong understanding of customer and CTDI installation standards and practices.
- Ability to organize jobs effectively and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to identify and communicate job issues.
- Ability to delegate tasks effectively.
- Ability to provide clear written and verbal job status reports.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to instruct and train other installers.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Ability to read simple mechanical drawings.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 75 pounds.
- Ability to climb a ladder.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Ability to identify different colored wires.
- Valid driver''s license and reliable personal vehicle for travel to job sites.
- Ability to travel extensively (including overnight) both locally and nationwide.
- Own basic tools with the ability to use them as appropriate.
- Cell phone with data and unlimited talk plan.
- GPS for travel.
- Ability to work day and/or night shift hours.
- Minimum of 3 years central office installation experience.
Apply today to join our dynamic team! CTDI offers an excellent compensation and benefits package and has been a growing leader in the telecommunications field for over 40 years. Come put our successful history behind your career!
This position is located in Pittston, PA. View the Google Map in full screen.