Field Install Tech - 1
- Install telecommunications equipment at customer sites.
- Read, interpret, and implement job specifications.
- Run, secure, and terminate cable.
- Assemble frames, superstructure and miscellaneous hardware.
- Perform required testing of installed wiring using specifications and drawings.
- Label and stencil equipment and cabling.
- Install and connect basic AC wiring.
- Run and terminate DC power cabling.
- Maintain satisfactory quality performance levels.
- Practice safe work habits.
- Timely and accurate completion of necessary operations paperwork (e.g. expense reports, time sheets, job documentation, etc.)
- Provide daily job status reports as requested.
- May be required to provide on the job training to other installation technicians.
- May be required to assume responsibility for successful completion of basic installation projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Ability to read simple mechanical drawings.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 75 pounds.
- Ability to climb a ladder.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Good customer service and administrative skills.
- Ability to identify different colored wires.
- Valid driver''s license and reliable personal vehicle for travel to job sites.
- Ability to travel extensively (including overnight) both locally and nationwide.
- Prior Central Office installation experience a plus.
Apply today to join our dynamic team! CTDI offers an excellent compensation and benefits package and has been a growing leader in the telecommunications field for over 40 years. Come put our successful history behind your career!
This position is located in Pittston, PA. View the Google Map in full screen.