Combat Systems/Operations Support
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean Defense Fleet Introduction Project provides DDG 62 Support to ship's Prospective Operations, Deck, Aviation and Combat Systems Department leads for administrative and technical services. Fleet Introduction work is performed in an integrated support team environment that includes government and McKean Defense teams that work closely with PEO SHIPS, Supervisor of Shipbuilding, NAVAIR, TYCOM, ISIC, ATG, Shipbuilder and the ship's Crewmembers.
Candidate will provide Aviation, Deck and Combat Systems Support as follows:
- Provide technical support to the Air Department Head for engineering, logistical, and administrative matters commensurate with the initial organization, outfitting, and facilities certification of New Construction aviation units.
- Assist the air department in planning and executing the installation and verification of avionics test bench support equipment, maintenance assist modules and initial startup of the calibration laboratories.
- Provide technical support to the Operations Department Officer for engineering, logistical, and administrative matters commensurate with the initial organization, outfitting, and certification of New Construction deck facilities.
- Provide New Construction and In-Service Operations Department Officers technical assistance in the preparation for all deck system testing, training, assist visits, and certifications
- Provide Combat Systems Department leads technical assistance in the preparation for all testing, assist visits, and certifications. Support will also include coordination of area force protection assets, local area weapons qualification ranges, and ammunition requisition procedures including storage.
- Provide reference or explanation to command concerning testing schedules, and certification processes including maintaining a certification database for reference and points of contact.
- Maintain a list of all emergent Individual Material Readiness List (IMRL) changes from NAVAIR which could affect the installation of contract designated support equipment. Distribute these changes to all stakeholders on the PCU, as necessary.
- Maintain continuous liaison with the TYCOM to ensure that authorized quantities of fleet-controlled equipment are available and delivered to the shipyard to support Aviation Certification events
- Candidate will need to organize tasks and services and be able to work with competing priorities.
- Must be able to perform extensive research in the use of programs, fleet and shipbuilding integrated data environments.
- Have the ability to effectively research, review, interpret and advise ships Air Boss, Deck department and operations department head with fleet and acquisition requirements
- Strong computer skills in the MS Office suite of software, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Access.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are essential in this team orientated-customer service position.
- Must be able to physically maneuver on board US Navy Ships including accessing high and confined spaces and lift up to 50 pounds.
- An active Secret clearance is required to start work
- BS or 6 years work experience may be substituted for degree requirement
- Must have experience in Deck, Aviation and Combat Systems along with knowledge of US Navy operating procedures.
- Senior Enlisted and/or CWO/LDO is a plus.
Keywords: Combat Systems Training Team, Combat Systems Officer of the Watch, Shipboard Combat Systems, Shipboard Operations, Radar Technician, Aegis Technician, Spy Technician
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.