Damage Control Technician
McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
McKean is seeking a Damage Control Technician to support the Mid-Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) Code 200 Engineering Branch. The Damage Control Technician will provide engineering, technical, repair and logistic support to forces afloat in identification and correction of material condition discrepancies in Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) systems to identify and correct systems material discrepancies; update and maintain configuration and availability report database systems; develop or update on board training and curriculum and conduct instruction in U.S. Naval Air Force Carriers or U.S. Naval Surface Force.
- Possesses a working knowledge of Naval Shipboard acronyms, aircraft carrier and surface ship engineering systems, equipment and operations
- Adept at compiling data and other information and forming them into clear, succinct products for senior leadership
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn new tasks and concepts quickly
- Self-motivated team player must be able to work independently
- Detail oriented and efficient at multitasking
- Microsoft Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project) Manipulating, formatting, and analyzing data. Includes creating charts, forms, and integrating with other MS Office products.
- Provide technical in-process review of progress of work identifying specific deficiencies and recommending corrective action for items identified.
- Development of Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M), Integrated Schedule development and maintenance support.
- Provide technical guidance to Ship’s Force with testing and repair of HM&E systems and support equipment.
- Provide and maintain all engineering evaluations and recommend changes or improvements to HM&E systems.
- Provide shipboard ‘hands on’ training as a complement to classroom training as required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient in technical writing and editing
- Must have an active DoD security clearance.
- Experience in the operation, repair, and maintenance of hull, mechanical, and electrical equipment and systems of U.S. Naval ships is required
- Experience directing or supervising a work force of lesser skilled technical personnel in the performance of repair and maintenance functions
- Active Duty Navy experience is a plus
- Experience working at as a trainer/instructor or working at a maintenance repair facility
Travel is anticipated to be less than 10%.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.