Combat Systems Technician
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
The Combat Systems Technician will work as the South West Regional Maintenance Center’s technical representative. Duties include providing direct fleet support (i.e.: assessments, troubleshooting, upgrade retests, etc.) to assigned ships’ combat systems and associated subsystems.
The Combat Systems Technician provides technical services in coordination with onsite Fleet Technical Assistance and Fleet On-Board Maintenance Training on various combat systems onboard Aircraft Carriers and Surface Fleet platforms.
Additionally, the Technician will provide technical assistance on urgent and mission-degrading problems affecting major shipboard systems on U. S. PACFLT ships. This effort includes deployed and forward deployed units that are experiencing issues beyond the capability of the local Intermediate Maintenance Activity, Ship Repair Facility or organizational level unit.
The position will require travel (up to 25%) and overtime (approx. 8 hours per month).
- Thorough comprehensive knowledge of the assigned combat systems.
- Thorough knowledge of the tactical capabilities and usage of the total weapons system.
- Knowledge of engineering principles of a highly specialized level of theories, practices, and techniques to include but not limited to the following cross disciplines; acoustics, electronics, electrical, thermodynamics, piping systems and related interfacing fields in order to provide overall cross analysis from total system viewpoint.
- 5-7 years of Navy Combat Systems technical experience.
- Qualified to work aloft in accordance with Navy PQS.
- Strong verbal communication skills, including being able to brief U.S. Navy Executives.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Candidate must hold an active secret clearance or higher.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.