Auxiliary Systems Engineering and Technical Services Support
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
Technical and subject matter specialist able to apply professional general engineering knowledge and concepts in support of initiatives associated with maintenance, repair, and modernization of U.S. Navy surface ships:
- Provide expert advice on Auxiliaries Systems maintenance and repair, as well as Amphibious Assault Systems management, repair, and maintenance of heating and air conditioning equipment, diesel engines, boat engines, and electrohydraulic and other auxiliary machinery,
- Establish and maintains standards and procedures for operating and maintaining machinery and equipment.
- Investigate causes of equipment malfunctions and determine methods of repair.
- Detailed knowledge and expertise of Naval administrative and correspondence policies, instructions and regulations required.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and other database management tools and software, specifically, skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work independently, attention to detail, and superb customer interaction
- Experience using Navy and DoD travel processes and online systems and Naval message writing software
- Candidate must have an active security clearance and be able to obtain a CAC
- Eight years of naval shipboard military experience (Retired E-7 or higher)
- Eight years of Naval engineering steam and diesel experience
- Engineer of the Watch Qualification (EOOW)
- Boiler Water Feed Water Qualification / AC&R Technician
- Preferred Engineering Training Team Qualification (ETT)
- Preferred qualification for non-military, AC&R certification, NACE Certified Elevator Technician, Experience in Navy Diesel Maintenance and programs, Electrical programs.
- High School Diploma required, Associates degree preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.