Deposit Operations Assistant
Provides accurate and efficient servicing of all deposit-related functions to ensure that questions and requests for assistance are handled timely. Maintains an in-depth knowledge of bank products, services, and system maintenance functionality. Performs account analysis set-up, implementation of brokered investment accounts, interest adjustments, account and household maintenance, and GL reconciliations. Handles and responds to subpoenas, attachments, garnishments, and levies by performing associated research and assembling required documentation within designated timeframes. Complies with policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements and completes required training as warranted for the position.
- Processes all Subpoenas, Attachments, Garnishments, and Levies that are served on the Bank. Performs research and coordinates with the other departments on subpoenas received to ensure all requested documents are assembled and remitted within designated timeframes.
- Assists branch staff with account maintenance, household maintenance, account analysis set-up, interest adjustments, deposit account inquiries, and questions relating to the use of core processing system.
- Processes new accounts and maintains the accounts within brokered investment companies (CDARS, IND, ICS, UMB and Foliofn program).
- Provides back-up support on account documentation review, IRA accounts, Trustee accounts, Escrow Manager account, Goldman Sachs trading/settlement, and GL reconciliations.
- Guide and assist other team members, providing back-up support during absence of department manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced understanding of core and support bank processing system.
- Advanced understanding of the check retrieval image system.
- Basic understanding of investment broker accounts.
- Knowledge of banking regulations, policies and procedures
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills
- Knowledge of Multi-tier Sweep Structure, Account Analysis and RVM implementation
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to lift up to 10-15 pounds.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships F•I•R•S•T in all areas of job performance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. A 2-year college degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related course of study preferred.
- At least five (5) years of previous of banking experience required.
- At least three (3) years of Deposit Operations experience at a financial institution required.
- At least two (2) years of accounting experience strongly preferred.
- At least two (2) years of team lead experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.