Residential Mortgage Loan Assistant (Bilingual Spanish/English)
Assists Loan Officer(s) in analysis of potential mortgage loan applications. Responsible for gathering up-front loan documentation and disclosing the terms of the loan while meeting compliance regulation standards. Maintaining communication with internal partners, external customers and referral partners. Assists clients with loans that are in process and helps answer questions. Maintaining database of new and previous clients and monitors on a daily basis for new business opportunities. Performs active pipeline management on a daily basis.
- Identifies refinance/purchase opportunities by active management of Loan Officer(s) pipeline and previously closed loans.
- Reviews ALL underwriting guidelines to ensure viability of loan transaction.
- Performs complicated self-employed analyses upfront to ensure qualifying income is on par with underwriting requirements.
- Performs a multitude of pre-screening tasks via review of FNMA/FHLMC and investor-specific guidelines.
- Works on loans that are in process.
- Reviews borrower documentation to ensure everything is in conformance with underwriting requirements.
- Interfaces with clients throughout entire loan process from time of initial rate lock and delivery of initial disclosures to sending them the final approved HUD-1 Settlement statement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- General working knowledge of MS Office. Proficient in Outlook and Word.
- Familiarity with loan programs and guidelines.
- Excellent oral and written communication when interacting with internal and external clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills when interacting with internal and external clients.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent client service skills.
- The ability to lift up 10 lbs.
- Local travel required.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships F•I•R•S•T in all areas of job performance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At least one (1) year of administrative experience required.
- At least one (1) year of related customer service experience required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.