Army Watercraft Test Engineer
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean Defense is seeking candidates for an Army Watercraft Test Engineer to provide testing support to the LCU and MCS SLEP programs. The position will be located out of Warren, MI.
- Responsible for the development of program’s Test & Evaluation (T&E) strategy, approach, process, schedule, and resource requirements. Manage the implementation of an evaluation methodology and framework for product/system under test.
- Develop detailed test plans and procedures. Identify and coordinate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to obtain specific or unique test procedures and processes to develop detailed test plans.
- Responsible for the day-to-day test activities at major test site(s) (e.g. Aberdeen Test Center, Joint Base Langley Eustis), including resolution of test execution issues, chairing of recurring test update meetings, contractor lead to on-site test representatives, tracking of test progress, coordination of test personnel support, coordinating test equipment requirements, and provide daily reports/Situational Reports (SITREPS) to leadership.
- Obtain test costs from both Government and commercial test facilities, and negotiate costs and scope. Manage test cost, schedule, scope and risk throughout the program lifecycle. Generate technical documentation in support of Milestone Decisions and Material Release.
- Review of contractor SOVT (System Operational Verification Test) and SIL (System Integration Laboratory) Test Plans. Provide comments and recommendation for approval/rejection to the project’s Assistant Program Manager.
- Work as part of an Integrated Product Team (IPT) that includes product management, logistics, engineering, contracting, and multiple external Government organizations such as Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC), Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) Capabilities Manager (TCM), various Government Program Management Offices and defense industry partners.
- Analyze operational system performance and trace capabilities to the requirement in order to ensure the desired objective is achieved.
- Provide technical advice and knowledge of program, system engineering and value management technologies.
- Develop and present data for reviews to provide timely and accurate reporting and program status to internal/external elements.
- Integrate program management processes to align with engineering standards and perform effective execution and compliance with established program decisions.
- Coordinate ATEC involvement, support, testing, and approval requirements needed to obtain key program/project support documents including Safety Releases, Safety Confirmation, Evaluation Reports (i.e. Operational Test Agency (OTA) Milestone Assessment Report, OTA Evaluation Report, Capabilities and Limitations Report).
1. Experience with Army Watercraft, particularly LCU watercraft
2. Test Plan development, execution, and reviews
3. Experience with Spectrum testing, SIL testing, EMI/EMC, HERO/HERF/HERP, Grounds and Bonds preferred
4. 4-year degree preferred, but not required
Must have a DoD Secret Clearance or able to obtain one.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.