Field Training Consultant
Since 1940, Dairy Queen® has been one of the world’s best known and loved brands. Based in Minneapolis, MN, International Dairy Queen Inc., (IDQ), is the parent company of American Dairy Queen Corporation. As a leading franchisor, there are more than 7,000 independently owned and operated restaurants in the U.S., Canada and 21 countries around the world. IDQ is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (Berkshire) which is led by Warren Buffett, the legendary investor and CEO of Berkshire.
Here at IDQ, we create extraordinary Fan experiences every day and we do this through our commitment to hiring and retaining only the best in class talent. We firmly believe that our employees are the catalyst to the success of the company where their initiative, strategic thinking, and entrepreneurial spirit are recognized and rewarded. We're looking for motivated, passionate and dedicated individuals with an inherent need and ambition to go after bigger challenges.
IDQ is in search of a Field Training Consultant home based in Columbus, OH. The Field Training Consultant consults with the operations team of assigned region(s) to determine learning opportunities and obstacles, then suggest appropriate learning and performance solutions to meet the business goals. Increases franchisee profitability through the use of learning tools such as in-restaurant training materials, on-line learning systems, and field-based instructor led training programs. Ensures new franchisee store opening successes in hitting key metrics by establishing, coordinating, and maintaining a field-based training system that teaches fundamental skills in maximizing the operations’ effectiveness within an appropriate restaurant type. Supports existing franchisee organizations in maximizing their investment in learning solutions to drive the individual performance of their management team and crew.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Increase Franchisee profitability through the delivery and support of effective learning solutions within the franchisee community.
- Partner with selected franchisees and their Restaurant Training Specialists (RTS) to conduct in-restaurant training courses that support system growth and transformation. Set up key benchmark guidelines and monitor restaurant standards. Conduct appropriate training and development opportunities to support the RTS personnel within their individual region(s).
- Support system growth plan by managing new franchisee candidates and their personnel through the timely coordination, communication, and monitoring of required training programs prior to opening/transferring of the location.
- Develop, test, monitor and evaluate the expansion of training systems to include Multi-Unit Developers and Territory Operators.
- Deliver/facilitate appropriate instructor-led and virtual training classes to build specific competencies within the franchisee and store manager community.
- Create and disseminate training updates to other departments: e. Transfers, Operations, and Development Operations.
- Create and deliver learning programs on request to local conventions, meetings, or other franchisee requests.
- Coordinate activities of various learning functions both in-restaurant and classroom.
- Creative thinker who can quickly develop innovative ideas across a wide variety of business units.
- Relationship building skills with the ability to create mutually beneficial relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team leader and facilitate effective brainstorming sessions.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate to a variety of audiences. Comfortable and skilled at large group presentations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously, within an intense, deadline-driven environment
- Well organized with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to travel to up to 50% of time without restrictions.
- Ability to work in a restaurant environment.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Must have 3 – 5 years of prior restaurant (including experience in executing training solutions) and/or professional training and development experience.
- Strong knowledge of and familiarity with the Restaurant Industry; strong knowledge of restaurant operations.
- Quick service franchise operations experience a plus.
Benefit package includes medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, employer paid basic life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid sick and vacation, 401(k) match, tuition reimbursement, wellness challenges and more!
IDQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. IDQ participates in the US E-Verify program.
To view our applicant privacy policies, please click the following links:
This position is located in Columbus, OH. View the Google Map in full screen.