Enterprise Data Governance Manager
Since 1940, Dairy Queen® has been one of the world’s best known and loved brands. Based in Minneapolis, MN, International Dairy Queen Inc., (IDQ), is the parent company of American Dairy Queen Corporation. As a leading franchisor, there are more than 7,000 independently owned and operated restaurants in the U.S., Canada and 21 countries around the world. IDQ is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (Berkshire) which is led by Warren Buffett, the legendary investor and CEO of Berkshire.
Here at IDQ, we create extraordinary Fan experiences every day and we do this through our commitment to hiring and retaining only the best in class talent. We firmly believe that our employees are the catalyst to the success of the company where their initiative, strategic thinking, and entrepreneurial spirit are recognized and rewarded. We're looking for motivated, passionate and dedicated individuals with an inherent need and ambition to go after bigger challenges.
IDQ is looking for a high performing Manager of Enterprise Data Governance located at our corporate offices in Bloomington, MN. The Manager of Enterprise Data Governance collaborates with business and technical partners to drive and develop a data governance strategy at an enterprise level. This role manages the Enterprise Data Governance team to establish consistent data governance practices and policies including Data standards, Development of Data Stewards, Master Data Services, and Data Quality.
Key accountabilities Include:
- Provide leadership for developing and operating a data governance framework.
- Develop and implement operating and engagement model for incorporating data governance processes within project development and operations lifecycles.
- Partner with FPNA to define and establish architectures to support centralized metadata, reference data, business rules, and data sourcing and sharing controls.
- Establish and maintain relationships across departments and within the Technology team to understand strategic priorities and identify opportunities to deliver trusted data as needed.
- Develop, coach, mentor and lead team members for sustained individual and team performance.
- Report on progress of all data governance practices and processes, inclusive of framework development, project engagement, pilot project activities, and creating/maintaining KPI’s.
- Ability to multi-task effectively, responding to changing business priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members across multiple divisions and departments
- Highly effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Requires flexibility and willingness to work with a wide range of personalities on a variety of projects while prioritizing effectively
- In-depth knowledge of data management, quality, and lineage practices and processes
- Working knowledge of data management, data quality, and reporting tools/applications
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and quantify business needs and risks associated with data governance
- Microsoft Technology experience, including D365, DevOps, PowerBI and Data Analytics
- BA. or B.S. Degree in IS, IT or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience in managing, developing and leading a team
- 5+ years Data Governance experience
Benefit package includes medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, employer paid basic life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid sick and vacation, 401(k) match, tuition reimbursement, wellness challenges and more!
IDQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. IDQ participates in the US E-Verify program.
To view our applicant privacy policies, please click the following links:
This position is located at 8331 Norman Center Drive, Bloomington, MN. View the Google Map in full screen.