Since 1940, Dairy Queen® has been one of the world’s best known and loved brands. Based in Minneapolis, MN, International Dairy Queen Inc., (IDQ), is the parent company of American Dairy Queen Corporation. As a leading franchisor, there are more than 7,000 independently owned and operated restaurants in the U.S., Canada and 21 countries around the world. IDQ is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (Berkshire) which is led by Warren Buffett, the legendary investor and CEO of Berkshire.
Here at IDQ, we create extraordinary Fan experiences every day and we do this through our commitment to hiring and retaining only the best in class talent. We firmly believe that our employees are the catalyst to the success of the company where their initiative, strategic thinking, and entrepreneurial spirit are recognized and rewarded. We're looking for motivated, passionate and dedicated individuals with an inherent need and ambition to go after bigger challenges.
IDQ is looking for a high performing Area Manager located in Shanghai, China. The Area Manager will provide leadership and assistance to assigned franchisees in order to achieve short and long-term Company and Operations objectives. Utilize knowledge of restaurant operations and staff resources to provide counsel, advice and assistance to franchisee owners/operators to positively impact and improve sales, profits and operating standards. Protect Dairy Queen trademarks.
- Responsible for achievement of annual sales targets, revenue goals, new development goals and strategic operations initiatives as determined based on annual plan objectives.
- Actively work with franchisees and provide necessary counsel and assistance to insure the franchisee business plans include specific objectives and strategies in support of ADQ’s and the Country’s Integrated Business Plan. Effectively utilize systems and schedules to monitor progress and goal achievement status.
- Provide leadership for the Operations group to develop and manage annual Marketing objectives through effective partnerships with appropriate departments, vendors and franchisees.
- Support International Development efforts with new and existing franchisees; establish and execute effective development, reinvestment and renewal strategies.
- Support FSQR, Product Development and Supply Chain efforts to utilize approved products, develop locally sourced ingredients and products as needed and support equipment needs.
- Oversee and monitor consistent execution and delivery of strategies to ensure food safety, approved products, procedures compliance, menu compliance, trademark protection and IDQ standards.
- Monitor franchisee operations to position franchisees for consistent achievement of optimal capability level including development of specific goals by store. Maintain minimum capability levels of performance in primary market area assigned.
- Relationship building skills with the ability to create mutually beneficial relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively, written and verbal, in English and Mandarin.
- Strong communication, organization and analytical skills, with the ability to articulate business concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously, within an intense, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Ability to work occasionally on evenings and weekends, as necessary to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to travel occasionally for extended periods (up to 3 weeks for US training).
- Ability to drive an automobile for Operator and store visits.
- Valid passport in native country, with no restrictions to travel to international locations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and other Microsoft Office application software.
- Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in business, restaurant management or related field.
- Must have 5 to 7 years prior restaurant management experience including direct P&L responsibility for multi-unit geographically dispersed operations.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience managing employees.
- Experience working within a franchisor organization, preferably a QSR brand.
This position is located in Shanghai. View the Google Map in full screen.