Since 1940, Dairy Queen® has been one of the world’s best known and loved brands. Based in Minneapolis, MN, International Dairy Queen Inc., (IDQ), is the parent company of American Dairy Queen Corporation. As a leading franchisor, there are more than 7,000 independently owned and operated restaurants in the U.S., Canada and 24 countries around the world. IDQ is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (Berkshire) which is led by Warren Buffett, the legendary investor and CEO of Berkshire.
Here at IDQ, we create extraordinary Fan experiences every day and we do this through our commitment to hiring and retaining only the best in class talent. We firmly believe that our employees are the catalyst to the success of the company where their initiative, strategic thinking, and entrepreneurial spirit are recognized and rewarded. We're looking for motivated, passionate and dedicated individuals with an inherent need and ambition to go after bigger challenges.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Designer located at our Franchise Support Center in Bloomington, MN. This position provides concept, design and produces materials for Point-of-Purchase (POP) kits and other print-related materials to support franchisees and corporate departments in their marketing efforts.
Primary Accountabilities Include:
- Concept, design and produce POP materials for Dairy Queen and other DQ franchises for both US and Canada. This includes in-store merchandising for Quarterly Kit, Test Kit materials and packaging.
- Create materials requested by corporate departments to support their marketing needs, such as Local Store Marketing materials and the design and production of the World of DQ magazine.
- Manage all phases of assigned projects, including in-studio art direction of photography or illustration and all aspects of the production process, including pre-press, printing and post-press production.
- Work closely with Brand Marketing teammates to develop a creative strategy that aligns with the main objectives of the project.
- Supervise and direct the workflow of your projects within the Creative Services department. Responsible for projects completed on-time and within budget.
- Ensure effective and professional communications occur between the Creative Services department, Brand Marketing, Communications, and other IDQ departments.
- Assist other members of the Creative Services department with the design and production of marketing materials.
- Prepare materials needed for conferences, council presentations and the bi-annual franchisee DQ Expo conference.
- May be responsible for the providing accurate information and trademark review of POP materials created by outside agencies or franchisees.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently create and project manage high-quality photo art and print production projects on time and within scope in a busy, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment. Ability to coordinate with other departments (Brand Team, Research & Development, Communications, Canada, International, Concept Support Services, Meeting & Travel) to complete projects on time.
- Creative thinker who can quickly develop innovative ideas across a wide variety of business units.
- Ability to be a team leader and facilitate brainstorming sessions.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to articulate processes and plan to a variety of audiences
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously, within an intense , deadline-drive environment.
- Well organized with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external clients.
- Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to provide an online portfolio of demonstrated hands-on design work.
- Associate of Arts degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in photo art direction and print production
- Minimum of 8-10 years of Macintosh operating system experience.
- Experience working within a franchisor organization, preferably a QSR brand.
- Advanced Macintosh computer skills in programs including Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe InDesign.
Benefit package includes medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, employer paid basic life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid sick and vacation, 401(k) match, tuition reimbursement, wellness challenges and more!
IDQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. IDQ participates in the US E-Verify program.
This position is located in Bloomington, MN. View the Google Map in full screen.