Data Quality Management Partner
Finance / Accounting
Since 1940, Dairy Queen® has been one of the world’s best known and loved brands. Based in Minneapolis, MN, International Dairy Queen Inc., (IDQ), is the parent company of American Dairy Queen Corporation. As a leading franchisor, there are more than 7,000 independently owned and operated restaurants in the U.S., Canada and 24 countries around the world. IDQ is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (Berkshire) which is led by Warren Buffett, the legendary investor and CEO of Berkshire.
Here at IDQ, we create extraordinary Fan experiences every day and we do this through our commitment to hiring and retaining only the best in class talent. We firmly believe that our employees are the catalyst to the success of the company where their initiative, strategic thinking, and entrepreneurial spirit are recognized and rewarded. We're looking for motivated, passionate and dedicated individuals with an inherent need and ambition to go after bigger challenges.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Quality Management Partner located at our corporate offices in Bloomington, MN. The Data Quality Management Partner partners with cross-functional teams to develop and implement a data quality program as a part of the Data and Reporting team. Work with the business, analysts and developers to identify critical data elements, as well as to define process/create a framework for monitoring, measuring, and reporting compliance for existing data assets and future acquisitions. Drives forward data quality standards and governance, while inspiring confidence and pushing informed decision making throughout the business. Must be well versed in data quality techniques/frameworks, be a self-starter who enjoys working with the business to flesh out strategic initiatives, and codes to create test cases/automation for regression and new features. Responsibilities include understanding customer use cases and datasets, establishing data quality frameworks, measuring quality, and writing test cases. Works directly with the Developers and overall business to iteratively improve our processes and data quality.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Develops a keen understanding of the source datasets/reports and becomes SME on their uses/best practices
- Identifies key data quality issues and creates a data quality program to mitigate
- Defines/templates a data onboarding workflow for both new datasets and reports/dashboards
- Documents and trains teams on data quality standards and best practices
- Works with management to ensure standards/best practices are adhered to in the organization
- Supports the scoping and implementation of data for projects, acting as the data and testing lead on project teams focused on bringing in new source datasets
- Perform impact and risk analysis on an on-going basis
- Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help wherever necessary
- Exceptional analytical skills – creative thinker who can quickly develop innovative ideas across a wide variety of business units
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another
- Relationship building skills with the ability to create mutually beneficial relationships and provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Be a team leader and facilitate brainstorming sessions, with the ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present information
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of managing data quality projects
- Must be experience working with SQA frameworks/test automation
- Must have experience working directly with the business defining data assets
- Must have experience managing metadata and definitions of data quality
- Must have a minimum of an associate’s degree or 5 years of work experience using the Microsoft stack
- Knowledge of python
- Experience working within a multi-location global franchisor organization, especially a QSR brand, is preferred
- Experience across multiple Data Analytic, Business Intelligence, and Data Warehousing solutions is preferred
Benefit package includes medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, employer paid basic life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid sick and vacation, 401(k) match, tuition reimbursement, wellness challenges and more!
IDQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. IDQ participates in the US E-Verify program.