General Labor Worker Press
Entry level, no experience required performing general labor in a printing manufacturing plant. Position may require the following tasks:
- Remove, flex, jog, and stack printed sheets, folded signatures, labels or other in-process products from discharge unit of printing press or adhesives coating equipment.
- Review signatures (printed material) for smearing, register issues, bad folds, etc and notify the Pressroom.
- Remove folded signatures (printed material) from web press and place signatures on pallet or skid for removal to warehouse or binding areas.
- May adjust stacking mechanism on press according to paper dimensions.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, carts and trays.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, or other device.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together, using banding machine and clincher.
- May occasionally operate automated equipment and/or industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Basic knowledge of general warehouse layout, item identification codes
- Basic knowledge of warehouse procedures and familiarity with the storage areas in order to be able to place or pull paper stock, signatures and materials in accordance with standard procedures.
- Able to stack, move, jog, arrange, unload, count and rotate items on/off printing press equipment in accordance with operating instructions or under guidance of a press operator or supervisor.
- May require knowledge of operation of automatic counters and tabulate counts for jobs.
- Able to complete appropriate forms relating to stock description, quantity, unit of issue, and the labeling requirements for incoming and outgoing materials.
- Basic skill in the use of manual dollies, carts or hand trucks and hand tools used in material handling tasks such as hammers, pliers, strapping and stretch wrapping tools and equipment, tape fasteners, metal band sheers and related equipment.
- Must have the ability to read and write simple instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have basic mathematical skills.
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work weekend overtime as needed.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.