Print Production Account Specialist 3 (Corrugated)
Provide customer service, project management and supply chain management (specific to the corrugated display POP/POS industry) of print and packaging materials. Oversees execution of complex customer projects usually including multiple components and multiple company and/or supplier partners to produce, assemble and fulfill the product. Assigned to the largest and most complex projects for the largest accounts. Project management scope generally includes identifying, defining and developing specifications, coordinating packaging design, identifying and quoting with suppliers, working with sales on final pricing to the customer, releasing POs/orders to all company and suppliers, coordinating the production, delivery and assembly, and providing final billing detail.
- Execute product forecasts on customer accounts and translate forecast in to production orders to meet contractual obligations. Place orders with company plants and supplier partners using the MRP system for all plants on the platform. Manage obsolescence risk on forecasts to minimize financial exposure to the company.
- Work with sales and customer to define specifications of the complex and unique customer projects. Develop production/distribution plans and coordinate packaging design as required. Creates specification instructions for all plants and provides day to day directions and guidance to company plant and supplier contacts.
- Primary day to day contact for the customer. Owns all delivery commitments to the customer and works closely with the multiple plants and suppliers to ensure that company meets commitments. May manage the customer art files from receipt through revision and proofing cycle.
- On behalf of the customer, build quotes for the production and distribution of part and components with both company and domestic and international supplier partners. Negotiate pricing to agreeable terms and work with sales to get pricing established and delivered to the customer.
- Coordinate and manage the spec/files, production, assembly, and distribution of all products with all company and external supplier sites. Develop status reporting tools and work order instructions. Manage inventory setup, tracking and reconciliation.
- Work with cross-functional teams to insure quality, product safety, testing, environmental, and billing responsibilities are met.
- May recommend, create, and implement process improvements from file reception to invoicing and work with the customer and the billing team to reconcile and resolve conflicts.
- Provide guidance to Print & Packaging Account Coordinators and Specialist 2.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 5-7 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems. Must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions. Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions. Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems. Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
Able to apply excellent functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments. Experience in Amtech ERP system preferred. Able to apply expertise in all the tools or applications used to complete work assignments. Able to mentor junior level team members in the use of tools and/or systems in the position.
Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand. Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others.
Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted. Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer. Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.