Press Assistant 2
RRD is an EEO/AA Including Vets and Disabled Employer
Ensures that press is properly supplied with roll stock and prepares rolls for splicing. Maintains appropriate paperwork or records. May assist with pre-make-readies and make-readies.
- Prepares the press for a run by verifying job specs and setting up the press accordingly.
- Inspects the fountain solution, inking systems, rolls of paper and the mechanisms related to the reels.
- Maintains proper inventory of paper. Records usage and spoilage on SPC report.
- Monitors the flow of paper throughout the run. Prepares and installs new sheets when necessary.
- Works in conjunction with the press operators and other assigned Press Assistants in the preventative maintenance of the presses. Assists maintenance personnel in troubleshooting and making repairs to press.
- May assist with make-readies.
- May adjust ink, solvent, and varnish to ensure that proper color is established or maintained as required by location.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out - tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- It is the responsibility of all Solution Delivery employees to follow the requirements of their documented process as defined in the ISO Quality Manual.
- Must be able to exert 20 to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 lbs. of force frequently, and/or negligible up to 10 lbs. of force consistently to move objects.
- There are three openings: one on 2nd shift (2:00 PM to 10:00 PM) and two on 3rd shift (10 PM to 6:00 AM) Please indicate preferred shift when applying.
- Must be able to work overtime.
Previous experience in a printing environment preferred. Some experience in the operation of various hand tools preferred. Must be able to work in a team environment.