Salesforce Developer (Marketing Cloud)
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer is responsible for developing data-driven marketing initiatives utilizing a campaign management tool, performing activities such as audience selection, trigger qualification, suppressions, segmentation and arbitration.
This individual will work with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions that are aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization’s architectural standards. Involved in all phases of the full systems life cycle. Responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications and systems software.
- Developing data-driven marketing initiatives utilizing a campaign management tool, performing activities such as audience selection, trigger qualification, suppressions, segmentation and arbitration.
- Gather and confirm data specifications when gathering campaign information.
- Develop reporting and dashboards to execute campaigns (manual or automated) on a daily/weekly/monthly/as-needed basis and generate output files to be delivered through various marketing channels (e.g. Direct Mail, Email, Telesales, etc).
- Develop, enforce, and perform quality control activities to ensure processing completes in a timely manner and the output is accurate and complete.
- Provide input to the Account Management team in estimating hours for the project budget.
- Maintain open communication with the entire team regarding current project status, issues, concerns, etc.
- Show aptitude to learn new tools and will be expected to become a power-user of a campaign management / workflow tool.
- Takes responsibility for personal technical and professional growth. Assists junior level developers with department procedures, environment, and tools, utilities and development standards and protocols.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering with 5-7 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience as email developer/technical resource on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform is strongly preferred.
- Must have experience and understanding of relational databases and development competency around MS SQL Server, MySQL. Experience in writing SQL statements for data extraction is preferred.
- Must have experience with HTML, XML, SQL, Java, SOAP and REST-based web services. CSS and Jquery frame works preferred.
- Knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) or ExactTarget is required.
- Strong understanding of direct marketing vernacular (e.g. modeling, segmentation, test design, control groups) is preferred.
- Ability to use HTML, Text and AmpScript to solve template creation challenges
- Experience with agile software development is required.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the full range of customer information/data management systems and related processes and protocols.
- Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand. Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others.
- Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted.
- Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.
Preferred Certifications (but not required):
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II
- Certified Salesforce Advanced Administrator
- Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer