Senior Financial Analyst
Accounting & Finance
The Financial Analyst will be a member of the Investor Relations and Mergers & Acquisitions (IRMA) team and will be responsible for strategic valuation analyses for potential M&A, or business development opportunities, as well as providing timely support for the IR function. This highly-visible role will require regular communication in casual and presentation form with senior levels of management and other corporate executives in execution of the company’s strategic initiatives. This role will also provide the opportunity to do competitive analyses, investor meeting and quarterly earnings release preparations, and assist in the preparation of the CFO’s presentations for the board of directors and other audiences.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Primarily responsible for executing investor relations intelligence, quarterly earnings release support, competitor peer reviews, valuing potential businesses to fit with RR Donnelley’s acquisition criteria, and supporting the entire company finance organization in areas of strategic need
- Provide financial support to sales teams on customer RFP process
- Work with other corporate groups including tax, accounting, legal, and financial planning and analysis to understand full drivers of company financial performance
- Prepare and review full company financial statements and reports as needed
- Prepare quick financial analyses upon request as needed
- Prepare profiles on external companies including their history, financials, key product/service offerings and other relevant information gathered from accessible resources (Factset, SEC, company website, press releases, etc)
- Potential to support acquisition integrations in efforts to execute the financial projections in the acquisition case
- Other projects may include process improvement efforts related to financial reporting and competitive intelligence, financial support for business unit project valuations and business development valuations, support for CFO financial presentations, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting or role with 5-7 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of financial analysis and/or strategic project management experience within IR or M&A or Corporate Finance department or financial, planning and analysis (FP&A) experience
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and external investment bankers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high level of written communications proficiency
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with attention to detail and an ability to work independently
- Thorough understanding of company financial statements
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Proven ability to respond within short time constraints and meet deadlines, while maintaining accuracy
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer