Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Performs manual and clerical duties related to the preparation and shipment of customer samples, components and finished products mailed primarily through Fed Ex, UPS, USPS or other similar carrier. Maintain necessary files and documentation. Utilizes small hand tools and operate scales, metering machines, etc. and primarily use hand trucks to move materials around. Typical shipping activities include: checking goods against shipping documents and authorizations, packing goods for shipment according to specifications, preparing bills of lading, posting weight and shipping charges and attach information and shipping instructions on to boxes. May occasionally perform activities related to the receiving materials such as unpacking of goods; checking against bills of lading, packing slips, etc., identification and quantity; maintaining records of goods received; rejects damaged, excess or misdirected goods, routes material to inspection, stores or other destinations. May require operation of a forklift truck.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a warehouse environment, including in shipping & receiving
- Working knowledge of computer systems and programs.
- Ability to read, understand and carry out written instructions.
- Ability to understand verbal instructions.
- Forklift Operator experience / certification preferred.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally, 25 lbs. frequently.
- Ability to work varying shifts, overtime and/or weekends.