VP - Operations
The VP of Operations will provide executive leadership to the plant working towards the development of plans and strategies for continually improving safety, quality, customer relationships, productivity and financial success.
This position is responsible for managing P&L activity for site, and aligning business solutions to support Company platform budgeted expectations.
- Foster a culture that embraces continuous improvement, is client focused, conducts business in the highest ethical manner and promotes inclusive behavior designed to enable each member of the facility the ability to achieve personal and professional satisfaction through their daily activities.
- Manages separate functional departments or organizations by providing cohesive direction and leadership to ensure local initiatives support the strategic direction and conform to applicable divisional and company standards.
- Communicates facility and company goals to all employees on a regular basis.
- Controls expenses by monitoring various financial reports, establishing expenditure guidelines and by approving expenditures to achieve budgeted levels of a profitable operation and aggressively build capabilities, expertise and service to promote growth rates.
- Prepares annual budgets in coordination per corporate directives and guidelines. Supports and partners with sales to achieve budgeted growth objectives.
- Accurately projects the company's monthly financial performance.
- Complies with all federal, state and local regulatory agency laws and directives.
- Foster a Customer experience of “can do, easy to work with”!
- Oversees safety, health, and environmental issues involving the operations to ensure the safety of the associates and to remain in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Other duties as required.
- Resolves elevated customer issues by communicating directly with customers and Sales and by monitoring and reviewing corrective action plans to prohibit reoccurrence
- Four year Bachelors degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Business, or equivalent industry experience required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant management experience in a high volume manufacturing environment, with a quantifiable record of achievement in the development and execution of strategic and tactical programs that consistently meets objectives. Print leadership exp. highly preferred.
- Strong financial management experience with P&L and balance sheet responsibility. Ability to develop action plans to correct or improve budget areas.
- Strong problem solving skills to develop solutions to complex and multi-disciplined issues.
- Ability to lead in a fast paced environment and work collaboratively with all functional support areas i.e. HR, Finance, Strategic Sourcing, EHS, IT, Sales, etc.
- Ability to energize subordinates, and peers also capable of getting results through others. Ability to communicate to Customers, Sales, Executive leadership, and the ability to roll up your sleeves and work with your local team to achieve success.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer