Imaging Operator 3
IGEN Operator needed in West Caldwell, NJ. IGEN Certification is required
IgenHours: 2nd Shift - 3:00pm - 11:00pm OR 3rd Shift- 11:00pm-7:00am
- Operate IGEN4 high resolution color/UV Digital printers and proprietary imaging equipment.
- Program and prepare jobs for printing.
- Maintain daily print job production logs and daily delivery manifests.
- Setup, program and release jobs from print queue.
- Adjust image position.
- Color quality and resolution, perforations and folds on paper, etc.
- Monitor quality of job output for correctness and image quality.
- Maintain inventory levels on the Igen4 inventory control log.
- Perform OSI (Operator Self Inspection quality control) on all jobs and sign off on all required paperwork prior to delivering to next department.
- Requires excellent knowledge of digital print and/or ink jet equipment set up, adjustment, operating procedures, and a corresponding level of skill to set up, operate, and adjust the equipment.
- Able to set up, operate, and adjust the equipment, and in addition, diagnose, solve, and correct operating problems affecting the quality and timeliness of the service or product or function.
- Requires technical skills and be able to remove and change parts such as hot rolls and photo receptor belts.
- Requires knowledge of color theory and ability to make adjustments and color corrections when operating the equipment to produce the imaging to customer specifications.
- Good knowledge of file manipulation and file formats for digital print.
- Good knowledge and ability to set up feed rollers, tensioning, timing and in-line finishing per job specifications.
- Willingness to perform multiple tasks and assist others when necessary will be required.
- Ability to work in high volume fast paced production environment and produce quality product in a short amount of time to meet client delivery expectations.
- Prior experience of Xerox or Ricoh continuous form feed printers is preferred.
- I-Gen certification.
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company’s policy is to select, place and deal with all its employees without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected Veteran status, genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.