Variable Data PrePress Operator
T/O Printing, and RRDonnelley company, is hiring an experienced PrePress Operator in Westlake Village, CA on second shift (afternoon/evening).
The VDP Specialist is responsible for analysis, program design, coding and testing of format program according to customer submitted specifications. This position works directly with production and sales team members to ensure quality control standards are being followed and customer objectives are met. High standards of quality control procedures must be strictly adhered to.
- Receive, review, and verify order specs and instructions from the project manager.
- Utilize copy template and instructions to develop order workflow documents. Analyze and interpret instructions to develop programming logic. Check workflow document logic using selectable driven default file; verify.
- Setup and verify variable data imaging is in compliance with press, production, device, and postal specifications and tolerances.
- Create files, paperwork, and reports for production, sales, and verification.
- Generate and verify customer requested data dump files, customer modifications and proof-back changes.
- Support and work with production for resolutions to press imaging problems.
- Responsible for cross-functional tasks and communicating with other team members as required to process orders.
- Responsible for developing and coding program logic, making decisions on fonts/image placement, and utilization of programmed logic.
- Keep technical skills up to date. Participate in product and software upgrade testing.
- Will be responsible for developing and implementing an error-free order application, ensuring customer and postal requirements are met, and all customized imaging logic is executing correctly.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Experience with Variable Data Programming software.
- Design Merge, Planet Press, Adobe Suite is preferred.
- Knowledge of data processing, digital and offset print technologies, production processes, USPS mail regulations and digital workflow process are required.
- Advanced communication skills both written and verbal.
An Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or Imaging Technology or the equivalent in education and/or work experience desired.