Press Material Handler
RRD Shakopee has immediate openings for Material Handlers in our Xeikon Room.
Position information: 12 hour shifts available.
- Reads work order or follows verbal instructions to ascertain materials to be moved.
- Feed, remove, flex, jog, and stack printed sheets, folded signatures, labels or other in-process product to and from the equipment in the area assigned.
- Load and unloads materials onto pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, or other device.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together, using banding machine and clincher.
- May occasionally use automated equipment and/or operate industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- And other duties as assigned
Basic knowledge of general warehouse layout, item identification codes, basic knowledge of warehouse procedures and familiarity with the storage areas in order to be able to place or pull paper stock, signatures and materials in accordance with standard procedures. Able to stock, move, arrange, and rotate items in accordance with operating instructions or under guidance of a higher level employee. Basic knowledge of shrink-wrap equipment, Able to complete appropriate forms relating to stock description, quantity, unit of issue, and the labeling requirements for incoming and outgoing materials. Basic skill in the use of shrink-wrap or strapping equipments, manual dollies, pallet jacks, carts or hand trucks and hand tools used in material handling tasks such as hammers, pliers, strapping and stretch wrapping tools and equipment, tape fasteners, metal band sheers and related equipment.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds occasionally
- Attention to detail
- Work well as a team